Wednesday, August 31, 2011

2011- What a year!!!

As I sit here in my room, the year is almost over and my term as HK has ended. It all feels so surreal, as if none of the things that happened this year actually took place. My term has HK in this residence has shown me the depths of my depravity. I have learnt what I am capable of, the things my mind can think, the words my mouth can utter, the feelings of rage bordering on hate I have felt countless times. O how the love of Christ can easily become like a switch in my head that I can turn on and off at my convenience.

I have cried myself to sleep most nights, or at least longed for tears to come when my hardened heart would not respond to anything. There have been times when laughter felt out of reach and happy people were a reminder of life that happened out there while I remained in despair. I thank God that when in His Sovereignty allowed me the opportunity to be part of the leadership team in this residence, He knew that He would carry m through it all.

I can go on about the times when I felt my life was worthless, when I woke and dreaded the day ahead, when life for me had lost meaning and all was pointless. But that would not be a full representation of the year. I have met wonderful people, who have taught me valuable life lessons. I have laughed, grieved with and enjoyed precious moments with people I would not have known if it was not for this HK season in my life.

Christianity for me ceased to be an idea or a teaching that I received in meetings but it became my reality. I praise God continuously for all the opportunities that I have had where the Bible was taught to me faithfully, where people invested in my walk with Jesus and prayed for me. Because it was those very times that when all else was fading away, I would recall the teachings, the prayers and that which has come to grip my heart the most- JESUS.

I must say, I feel different after all of this. I have learnt and I grown from everything. I thank God for shaping, yes even through HK. To the friends who were concerned and prayed for me even when I kept pushing them away- thank you for being a physical display of the pursuit and perseverance that God is for us all.

Outgoing Amper Daar HK La Chanteuse Precious Makhubu;
Precious Xolile

No comments: