Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Oh what love is this?

It was May the 11th 2012 when the Lord was pleased to cause Chita to ask Precious to be his girlfriend. It had been an interesting road leading to the time when the question was finally asked. Their friendship was growing and so was their interest in each other. Precious had become very captivated and captured by Chita's desire to study and obey the Word of the Lord. She valued the friendship and secretly (sometimes not so discreetly) hoping that Chita would come out with it and ask her out already.During that time, she learned the timeless lessons that the Lord is always teaching her (patience and absolute dependence/trust on HIM).

From the day that Chita asked her out. Precious' life has not been the same. I have found in Chita a friend, mate, partner, a companion, brother, someone my heart loves and longs for. Gently have I been pursued by this man and tenderly has he loved me. In sacrifice has he sought to do all that is right to ensure my happiness. In reverent fear of the Lord has he led me and pointed me to Christ in conduct and speech.

With a sense of entitlement I have demanded and sometimes manipulated situations to get what I want. In our disputes, I have hardened my heart and became cold and calculating towards him, in hope to cause him the same pain I am feeling at that time. My interest above his always as a motivation. Oh what a wretched woman that I am? Who shall rescue me from this body of death?

"As iron sharpens iron, so does one man sharpen another." I have found my sharpener and I pray to God that He would be pleased to see grow our friendship.


Faulty and imperfect as this man is, he is my good thing from the Lord.
"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."

No comments: